Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies



I think I may have alluded to my affection for peanut butter and chocolate in my last post.


Remember when I said I ate 40 peanut butter cups? That was 40 peanut butter cups ALL BY MYSELF.

They were on sale and I have a thing for sales. 
They lure me, they call my name, they cause me to buy irrational things. 
"Oh, a 20kg bag of dog food for only $15.99! We don't have a dog but maybe one day we will. I'll just buy this here dog food and keep it for 5 years and toss it when mice have chewed through most of the bag, become as big as dogs and overtaken my home." Yea, that's a good idea.


Sale ranting aside, I've been making these cookies for over a decade and they never disappoint.


They're a little bit salty, a little bit sweet, a lot buttery, crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. 

Plus, they have to be great because they're PB and Chocolate!!! 
They were meant to be together.... like Sonny and Cher, Rachel and Ross, John and Yoko!


When a love like this gets together you get some pretty perfect, pretty satisfying cookies.


Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 2 dozen(ish)
Adapted from: again, no idea 

1 cup crunchy peanut butter (preferably natural)
1 cup softened butter
2/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Beat together peanut butter and butter until soft and creamy (about 1 minute). Gradually add both sugars and continue to beat until fluffy.
3. Add eggs one at a time to this yummy sweet peanut butter fluff.
4 Turn off mixer and add flour, baking powder and salt. Beat again until all flour is incorporated.
5. Add chocolate chips and mix gently for just a few seconds.
6. Use ¼c ice cream scoop (if you have it) to scoop cookie balls onto greased cookie sheets.
7. Bake for about 10 - 15 mins until tops are golden.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...