Why do you need to know how to grill corn?
You probably don't.
But I do.
So just indulge me.
I usually prefer to light the barbecue mid December when the air is crisp and the oven's full of Christmas cookies but I thought I'd mix it up.
I do that sometimes. Mix things up. It keeps me on my toes.
Next time I'll try my christmas cookies on the grill and my corn in the oven.
I live dangerously.
John doesn't like his corn charred so this is how we do it. Grill corn that is.
1. Soak corn in water for 15 mins. This helps soften the husks and prevents the corn from drying out while cooking.
2. Gently pull down husks and remove as much of the silk as you can. (ie: that annoying stringy stuff that gets all over the place.)
3. Remove 2 of the longest husks and pull the rest up. Use these long pieces to tie around the corn to keep the husks up.
4. Grill on medium high heat for approx 15 minutes.
5. Shuck that corn (that sounds naughty) and enjoy succulent corn drenched in butter and salt.