Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Crepes


I had a bad day. 
I need crepes. 
Please make me some. 
I'll be in bed with my head under the covers, m'kay?


I just want to forget that I lost my keys, drove over my phone, and hit a neighbour's brand new travel trailer. 

In the scheme of life these things aren't very important but today, 
they seem pretty big.


The best thing to do on a bad day is stay in bed wallowing in your sorrow and filth eat a good breakfast.
Haven't you heard? It's the most important meal of the day... next to dessert.


So if I could just muster up the courage to make these crepes the skies will clear up, I will find all that's been lost, wrongs will be righted and life will be good. 


Well maybe not all of that will happen. 
But getting out of bed and making some crepes is a good start.

Crepes
Makes: 12

2 eggs
1 ¼ cups milk
1 cup all purpose flour (I used ½ barley flour)
¼ tsp salt
2 tbsp vegetable oil

Directions: 
1. Beat together eggs and milk with an electric blender or whisk. 
2. Sift the four with the salt and add to egg and milk mixture
3. Add vegetable oil and blend thoroughly.
4. If beating by hand, strain mixture through sieve to remove lumps (I'm much to lazy to do that! But you can if you want to.)
5. Allow mixture to stand for at least one hour before using. If mixture is too thick, add a little milk.
6. Pour 1 or 2 tbsp of batter into the center of a hot, lightly oiled frypan. Tilt pan to spread the mixture around the edges of the pan. Cook until top is dry. Turn over and cook other side for about 15 seconds. Serve with fresh berries and whip cream or serve with cheese sauce and sliced ham for a savory crepe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...