Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Black Forest Cookies


My jeans have been mysteriously shrinking in the wash.


I refuse to believe it has anything to do with these cookies.
Or the 40 peanut butter cups I ate last week.
You think I'm joking or exaggerating but I'm not.


I have a chocolate and peanut butter addiction.
 It can not be cured.
 I just accept it and try to live my life the best I can.


I made these cookies to try to get myself off 'the cups'.
It worked for about 5 minutes. 
Then I ran out of cookies.


Next time I'll be sure to make a double batch.

Black Forest Cookies
Makes: about 36

  • 1 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
  • 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup packed dark-brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 package (about 12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chunks
  • 1 1/2 cups dried cherries

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line three baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder; and salt; set aside.
  2. Place chopped chocolate and butter in a large heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water; stir until melted and smooth. Remove from heat; whisk in sugars, then eggs, until smooth.
  3. Whisk in dry ingredients just until combined (do not overmix). Fold in chocolate chunks and dried cherries; press plastic wrap directly onto surface of dough, and refrigerate until firm, 30 to 45 minutes.
  4. Drop mounds of dough (equal to 2 level tablespoons) about 2 inches apart onto prepared sheets. Bake just until edges are firm (but not darkening), 11 to 13 minutes. Cool on baking sheets 1 to 2 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...