Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies


So this is what was happening post cookie making:

"Why, hello, babycakes."

"Oh, you're coming to see me?"

"I'm just going to take this quick photo"

"How did that hand get there?"

"I didn't know you could crawl up on the chair".

"Ahh... put that down. That cookie's almost as big as you!"

I can't really blame her. 
They're chocolate chip cookies. 


Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside.


Gooey.
 Chocolate chip. 
Cookies.
Are you drooling? I am.


Because these are best eaten warm from the oven (duh), I weighed out the dough in 2oz balls and froze them so I could just bake a few at a time. (Thus I could avoid eating the whole batch in one sitting.)
Speaking of which, I'm going to go bake some up right now.

Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes: 20 

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 ¾ cup all purpose flour
½ tsp fine sea salt
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
1 ½ cups good quality chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream together butter and both sugars until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes). Add eggs one at a time and vanilla, beat until incorporated. 
2. Add flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and mix until just combined. Gently stir in chocolate chips. Weigh out dough into 2 oz portions. Gently roll into a ball.
3. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment (or greased) and bake for 19 minutes. (That amount of time was perfect in my oven: golden on the outside, gooey on the inside. You may need to adjust the baking time for your oven, just be careful not to over bake.)

1 comment:

  1. Giant cookies = irresistible. She must have been over the moon to eat one of those, I know I would be. The Sweets for a Saturday #3 linky party will still be open until 6PM PST if you want to come by and link your gigantic cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/02/sweets-for-saturday-3.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...