Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Chili-Lime Marinade


Dinner at my house is usually dictated by what's dying in the fridge and needs to be used up.
The other night it was a lime facing a lonely death in the vegetable crisper.
A dried out old lime.
Doesn't that sound appetizing.


Nonetheless, I subscribe to 'waste not want not' so the dry lime had to be used. 
I had been thinking about doing a citrus rosemary marinated chicken but since I didn't have any rosemary: no go.

Fortunately, the internet is a vast resource for lime recipes so it was easy to find an alternate solution.


This chili lime marinade was excellent. I doubled the recipe to get enough for my chicken and I'm glad I did.
More marinade = More Flavour. Simple.

Next time I might try it on roasted veggie kebobs. Of course, I'll have to wait until another lime dries up in the fridge.


Chili Lime Marinade
Makes about ¼ cup
Adapted from: All Recipes

3 tbsps olive oil
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 lime, juice and zest
1 tsp chili powder
½ tsp paprika (smoked if you have it)
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp garlic powder
cayenne pepper to taste
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegar and lime juice. Add zest, chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, salt and pepper and whisk until smooth.
2. Marinade veggies, chicken or tofu for at least 1 hour. (Longer if possible.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...