Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Roasted Beets w/ feta and dill


My lack of photography skill is really showing here.

These don't look very pretty, do they?
In fact, they don't even look all that edible.



Do me a favor and look past appearance today, please?
I promise you, these are much better than they look.
They're darn delicious.

My sister, a genius by all counts, invented (I think) these lovely roasted beets, or at least a version of these. As I recall, hers looked a lot better than mine.


But again, putting looks aside, this simple side dish is great hot or cold.

We ate this as a side to roast beef (can you say iron overload) and then I ate it again the next day cold, mixed into a green salad.


Healthy and delicious, what more could you want?

Roasted Beets w/ feta and dill
Serves: 6 as a side dish

2 ½ pounds beets, well scrubbed or peeled
2 tbsps olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp dried dill
¼ cup crumbled feta
salt and pepper

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 450F. Chop beets into 1-inch cubes and toss with olive oil.
2. Spread the beets out evenly on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, flipping once for 45-55 minutes or until beets are tender and easily pricked with a fork.
3. Toss hot beets with balsamic vinegar, dill, and feta. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot or cold.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...