Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Curried Apple Brie Flatbread


I'm sorry but I just don't like brie.
There are so many wonderful recipes out there for baked brie that I want to like but it doesn't seem to my thing.


I think it's the rind on the cheese that I can't stand. Isn't it some type of mold or something? (Clearly I'm not very savvy when it comes to cheese.) I guess I could cut the rind off but it seems like such a waste of money.... I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned this before but I'm extremely cheap and I hate food waste. 
Hate it. 
If you waste food you're not my friend.

Yeah, I took a few bites outta the bread.

A few weeks ago I forgot about my disdain for brie cheese and was somehow compelled to buy it. 
Weird, I know.

So here's a recipe that, I think, covers the unpleasantness of the cheese rind and transforms the brie into a tasty lunch, appie or snack.


(Don't think you need to stick to making this as a flatbread. This could be made as a pizza, a stuffed pita, a grilled cheese sandwich, or served on naan.)



Curried Apple Brie Flatbread
Serves 4
Adapted from Dinner with Julie

½ cup softened butter
3 tsp mild curry powder
1 flatbread (or naan, pitas, wrap, pizza crust)
6oz Canadian brie, thinly sliced while chilled, discard end pieces containing mostly rind
1 apple, thinly sliced
4 tbsp mango chutney

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. In a small bowl mix together the curry powder and butter. Spread it on the top of flatbread. (Alternatively, you can brush the bread with olive oil and sprinkle on the curry powder.)
2. Arrange the apple slices on the flatbread. Top with the thin slices of brie. Scatter small dollops of the chutney all over. Bake for about 8 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...