Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Sour Cream Twists


Where did summer go?
I feel like I went inside my house to escape the heat and when I left the next morning the leaves were changing colors and the temperature had dropped 10 degrees.
All of sudden I'm digging for down filled jackets and wholly boots.


I'm not complaining though.
Definitely not!
I love the fall. 
I love being able to cook roasts and bake breads and pies. 
To me, there's not much better than coming out of the cold and being hit with the smell of fresh baked bread laced with roasted meat and cinnamon sugar.
YUM and YUM.


That's why I made these sour cream twists.
Pretty much just for the smell.

If I could bake these and bottle the scent, I'd be a billionaire.
No joke. Probably even a gillionaire.


Not only do they smell a-mazing, they also taste dee-licious.
The dough is really tangy and soft while the cinnamon sugar filling is the perfect blend of crunch and sweetness.

I won't be waiting too long to make these again.


Bake these! Your house will smell fantastic.

Sour Cream Twists
Makes: 24 twists
Source: Della's Favorites

1 cup sour cream
2 ¼ tsp active dry yeast
¼ cup warm water
2 tbsp butter, softened
3 tbsp white sugar
1 tsp salt
1 egg
3 cups all purpose flour

2 tbsp butter, melted
⅓ cup brown sugar, packed
1 tsp cinnamon 

Directions:
1. Heat sour cream to lukewarm. Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in sour cream, butter, sugar, salt, egg and one cup flour. Beat until smooth.
2. Mix in remaining flour until dough pulls away from the side of the bowl. Knead on a floured board until smooth. Let rise in a greased bowl until doubled in size.
3. Roll into a rectangle, 24'' x 6''. Brush with the remaining 2 tbsp of butter. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over a lengthwise half of the rectangle. Fold the other half over the sugar half. Cut into one inch strips, holding the strips at each end. Twist in opposite directions.
4. Place 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet, pressing the ends on the sheet. Cover and let rise until double in size.
5. Heat oven to 375°F. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden. If you want, drizzle with a glaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...