Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Cranberry Salsa


Did anyone else over indulge on spicy gingerbread and sparkly sugar cookies this past week?

How about all those boxes of chocolates laying around the house?
You can tell me.
You ate at least half the box, didn't you?

 

I'm not judging. I'm celebrating.
 Thank goodness, I'm not the only one who's been in a sugar coma.

But....


since it's New Year's Eve, it's time for me and everyone else to wake up with something tangy, tart and delicious!

 And, as you've probably already guessed, I have the perfect recipe for you.


Tart cranberries, zesty jalapeno and a bunch of other adjectives attached to food is what makes this so special.
I was a bit skeptical when my husband's aunt (Hi Tammie!) recommended this to me but now that I've tried it.... I'm in love.


 Try this one out while cranberries are in season and your head is still swimming from all those sugar plums.
HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Cranberry Salsa
Makes a lot! about 3 cups of salsa
Generously adapted from What's Cooking America

3 cups (12oz bag) fresh or frozen cranberries
¼ cup minced green onion
1 tbsp minced jalapeno pepper (about 1 small one)
¼ cup honey
¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, minced
2 tbsps finely grated ginger
1 lime, juice and zest
1 8oz pkg cream cheese

Directions:
1. Add all ingredients except  the cream cheese to the food processor and pulse until cranberries are coarsely chopped.
2. Refrigerate 4 hours before using to allow flavors to meld. (The salsa will not be good if you skip this step, just trust me.)
3. Serve over a block of cream cheese alongside crackers, pita bread or tortilla chips.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...