Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Syrup



This is fall flavored syrup.
Just trust me on this.
I don't lie about fall.
Or syrup.



As Buddy the elf once said,
"We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup."
Of course I'm not an elf but I do have an affinity for elf culture,
so I take my syrup seriously.



This syrup is really yummy.
It's intended to be used to make the infamous pumpkin spice latte but I've only used it on pancakes so far.


It was a little thinner than regular pancake syrup but it still worked well and tasted great.

This whole straining thing didn't work for me. I cooked the mixture too long which made it too thick.

The cloves and nutmeg are definitely the dominate taste so feel free to adjust the spices to your preference.


Happy Fall!

Pumpkin Spice Syrup
Makes: about 1 ½ cups

1 ½ cups water
1 ½ cups sugar
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp cloves
½ tsp ginger
1 tsp nutmeg
3 tbsp pumpkin puree

Directions:

1. In a small pot over medium heat, dissolve sugar in water.  Once sugar is dissolved, add remaining ingredients.  Allow to cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring frequently.  Do not boil.
2. Strain mixture using cheesecloth or a tea towel.
3. Pour into a small (8-10 ounce) bottle and store in the refrigerator. 

Linked to: Seasonal Sundays

1 comment:

  1. What a GREAT idea!!
    Wanted to invite you to share this recipe at a weekly event I host titled Seasonal Sunday It fits the theme quite well!

    And by the way seriously loving that you have several pumpkin recipes! (Pumpkin is my all time favorite!)

    Happy Sunday!
    -Brittany-

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...