Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Cinnamon Pumpkin Hummus


Happy almost Thanksgiving Canada!

Here's what I'm thankful for:


1. I am thankful to be a Canadian. I wouldn't do well in a third world country.
I don't even like to go camping!

2. I'm thankful that I'm a Christian. Again why I don't camp, I hate smelling like smoke.


3. I'm thankful for my family.
Most of the time.
(Jury's still out on a particular brother who never calls me.)


4. I'm thankful for breastfeeding. Seriously, how many times in my life will calories be sucked out of my body. For free!

(Sorry, that was borderline inappropriate, wasn't it?)


5. I'm thankful for relatives with vast DVD collections. It really saves me money. Thanks you guys!

6. I'm thankful for people who are addicted to Jus Juiced coffee.
You all hold a very special place in my wallet heart. 


7. I'm thankful that babies are easily amused. Give the baby a spoon and a face cloth and she's amused for half an hour. Toys are so over rated! 


8. I'm thankful that my family is full of adventurous eaters that'll eat anything.

And I mean anything.
(Except that one time with the baking soda biscuits.....)

Even the baby liked it.

8. I'm thankful that I have another can of chick peas in the cupboard to make this delicious fall snack for the family that eats anything and everything.


Cinnamon Pumpkin Hummus 
Makes about 2 cups 
Adapted from:  Naturally Ella

1 can chick peas (rinsed and drained)
1 cup pumpkin purée
1 tbsp tahini
2 tbsps olive oil
2 tsps cinnamon (add more or less according to your taste)
½ tsp nutmeg
¼ cup pumpkin cooking water or just water (add more if you like a thinner hummus)
salt

Directions:
1. Add all ingredients to food processor or blender and purée until smooth.
2. Add salt to taste. To serve, drizzle with olive oil and freshly ground pepper. Serve with pita wedges or rice crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...