Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

Fridge Cleaner Grilled Calzone


So around 2:00pm yesterday I was feeling.... hmmmm...... what's the phrase?

Oh, I know

Tired and Uninspired

Ever since le bebe was born, food has become a bit of a chore. 

I've always wanted to eat but now I need to eat. Not only that, but I need to be careful what I eat, ugh.

So there I was, looking for something relatively healthy and quick and tasty and cheap and......preferably something that would make itself for lunch.

What to eat? What to eat? I had a little bit of sweet red pepper, half a shallot, some leftover pizza dough, a squishy tomato, about 1 tbsp of marinara sauce, couple slices of pineapple, fresh mozzarella and a few frozen bacon bits.


No problemo. I'll make a pizza.

Oh wait! It's 40 trillion degrees outside and I don't want to turn on the oven.


Enter my trusty George Foreman Lean Mean Grilling Machine.


Now, it's hard to tell from this photo but this lean mean fat reducing grilling machine is small. Much to small, in fact, to fit a whole pizza on it.

(Why didn't I use my bar-b-que I am only now asking myself?)



Hence, my vision of a pizza was folded into the reality of a calzone.

What can I say? Desperate times call for delicious measures :)


And this, was certainly delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...